PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Confessions Collection Vol. 1 (London Brown) - Leila DeSint The dual personalities of London/Desniah bear a tragic story, and the delivery doesn't hold back punches, but the impact isn't as painful as you might imagine. Especially if you're an old shoe to the explicit flavors of forbidden narratives. This is a psychological suspense first, an erotic romance last. The sex scenes are indeed tantalizing, but it's the execution of events that is passionately more clever and creative than most of what passes as BDSM Romance these days. It doesn't use and abuse BDSM lingo and cliches. Rather, it accentuates the emotional aspects of the lifestyle in a subtle application. Not only is this better than the best-sellers in the genre, it is a hundred stars better. London Brown is significantly more sinister, and has earned a heart and balls to rival The Original Sinners' great Mistress. Watch your back, Nora Sutherland.Brazen in its construction, this story could very easily have degenerated into a melodramatic soap opera, but it remains deep-rooted, quietly serious, and thought-provoking throughout. I found myself doubled over my lap, gripping my kindle, and rocking with nervousness, mostly for Rhys and his beautiful, deranged, selfless heart. I swooned from the moment he entered the story, and by the final page he'd become one of my favorite all-time book heroes. What will happen to him in the next book? Will London/Desniah keep his heart safe? I'm both terrified and hopeful.It's hard not to read this book with a coiled apprehension, but LD's greatest feat may be in her compelling depths of POVs. The four main characters' viewpoints remind you that the heroine is under construction. As she evolves she is braced--and often crushed--by people who love her, despite her mental state, her profession, and her secrets. You'll feel the battle of her dual personalities in the catch of your breath. The ending comes at you like a sharp prick, and not as an injected point of drama, but because you've come to deeply care for this woman.As a disturbingly erotic and moving story, it deserves all the attention it can get. Artfully well-written, it digs deep enough to unearth the characters in full flesh and psyche as they navigate a twisty, looming plot. Profound, sexy and intelligent, this is a must-read for dark psychological erotica readers.