PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Keeping Secret - Sierra Dean As the fourth book in the Secret McQueen series, I’d like to say we’re finally getting somewhere-–in regards to her love life-–but it’s only become more complicated. I don’t care if she shares polyamorously, picks just one, runs off by herself. Whatever the decision, she needs to make it soon and stick with it. For at least awhile. I continue to follow this series because Secret is a take-no-shit vampire/werewolf heroine who doesn’t bore me with girly musings or melodrama. BUT, her indecisive bed hopping lacks passion and selflessness, which is becoming precariously close to weakening her character. The man I want her to choose, the one the cliff-hanger points to, has the potential to leave me cheering this series. Unfortunately, this cliff-hanger doesn't have teeth because I don’t trust Secret to bed down now, since she’s proven incapable of doing so. Even as she makes an effort with Desmond-–gushing over him, spewing the L word–-she’s sleeping with Lucas unapologetically. Polyamory works when all parties are open to it. I’m just not feeling that consensus in this story. Still, I’ll continue the series as the ever-devoted fan, wanting, hoping, waiting for a romantic direction and conclusion.