PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Futures and Frosting - Tara Sivec Book 2 continues the off-the-wall levity in the Chocolate Lovers series. This author is a gahdamn crack up. Where the hell does she come up with this shit? If I could rate this book on humor alone, it would get every effing star in the sky. But page after page of hilariously rude one-liners is the only thing this book has going for it. The problems? Multiple viewpoints written in first person had me constantly wondering, "Who is the 'I/me' narrating now?" The conflict in the story can be summed up to: Claire's whining about Carter's snoring and Carter's pussy-ass-worrying about how to propose marriage. Claire lost some serious substance and likeability in this book. Why is she high-maintenance all of a sudden? And why did Carter develop a vagina full of sand? Despite the weaknesses of the main characters, the supporting cast of friends, family, and the very naughty Gavin made up for it with their foolish and relatable personalities and camaraderie. I'll read the third book when it's released with the hope that TS has studied up on her craft.