PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Bloodfever (Fever, #2) - Karen Marie Moning The second book in the Fever series moves at the same hypnotic speed as the first. You'll realize this series is just one long story...maybe while visualizing it written in a hundred-pound leather-bound tome with gilded pages. The story is dense, emotionally wrought, and studded with clues that will seize your attention and urgently hold you through the three hundred seamless, adventure-packed pages. Mac is maturing, coming into her sidhe-seer blood, and despite all her humanly shortcomings, her courage has the capacity to take your breath away. The biggest surprise may just be how addictive Ms Moning has made Mac and Barron's icy relationship. Romance fans will analyze every interaction between them, pining for a lingering glance, straining for a casual caress. But Ms Moning keeps things dark and dangerous. She's so stingy with the sexual insinuations, you'll wonder if you're just hopelessly imagining them. That is, until the Mac/Barrons fight scene beneath the Burren. It pops your eyes, kicks up your pulse, and brings you in so close, you can feel their heavy panting, because their fists aren't the only body parts clashing in that cave. The startling sensuality of it is unforgettable. Overall, the story remains a bit muddled as this installment concludes with even more questions and less answers. Who and what is Barrons? What's driving him? Where is he going during the day? I maintain he's a vampire sleeping beneath his garage, but Mac has never suspected this. When she was dying beneath the Burren, how was he going to save her with his face buried in her neck...hmm? It's taking every restraint I have to keep myself from reading the reviews ahead of the next book. This speculation and anticipation is what makes Mac's story so addictive.While the monologue-rich story telling in the first two books drags at times--which is why I deducted a star--don't let it deter you. Once you've finished this second book, you won't want to end this series. Not only that, you won't be able to quit it. Because...On a dark Fae wind, I taste the metallic tang of a bloody and terrible war coming.