6 Followers
28 Following
PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Beautiful Bastard - Christina Lauren Warning: 75% of this book is graphic erotica. Brain cells could be lost. What makes up the other 25%? In-depth revelations about tortured childhoods and abusive exes? Uh..no. Heart-pounding, bad-guy-slaying action? Definitely not. Daytime soap-opera office drama? Bingo. Then why the hell would I rate it five stars? Maybe this reviewer is just a perv who enjoys the boardroom table, cafe bathroom, elevator, parking garage, office desk, anywhere-but-a-bedroom sex. Really, this story is just boners and wet spots on a beautiful-bastard-vs-beautiful-bitch scale, which is still just boners and wet spots. Amidst all the balls-deep wall banging, I was drawn to the beautiful bitch, Chloe. For all the romances out there gravitating around bombastic billionaires, a rare few offer a heroine who can roar fiercely enough to blow back the leading asshole's perfectly manicured hair. Chloe made this pretentious bastard look like a kitten...a kitten you'll want to stroke and fondle. Chloe's an unintentional femme fatale and her empowered lip service--while most often over-reactive--might have some women fist pumping the air. While reading, you don't have to suffer an addle-brained heroine, ulcer-inducing jealousy, or soul-bleeding torment. In all the ways a book can torture you, this one doesn't try. It's simply a perverse pleasure. One that is panty-sniffingly creepy, stupefyingly shallow, and boldly sex-charged in a tawdry yet unable-to-put-the-book-down way. Sweet baby Jesus on Christmas, I enjoyed it. What's that say about me?***ARC by courtesy of Simon & Schuster via Edelweiss in exchange for honest feedback.***