PamGodwin

PamGodwin

The Prince (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz This third novel in the Original Sinners series had a more serious tone than its predecessors. The plot bounced between past Kingsley-Soren, present Kingsley-Soren, and present Nora-Wesley. I was anxious about the developments between Nora and Wesley and desperate to learn who the thief was, so every time the story line moved away from Nora-Wesley and the present threat against Soren, I grew frustrated. Flashbacks are boring, no matter the content, because we already know how they end. They lack the tension that comes with surprise. This novel dwells a lot on Kingsley-Soren flashbacks and none of it is eye-opening or crucial to the series plot. Most of this book felt like a filler for the next. But if the dynamics between these two men intrigue you, you'll enjoy reading about the birth of their unconventional relationship. Soren: “It’s a hellhole. I’ve seen it.” Kingsley stared down at the tiny cottage. “Hell is fine. Surely God wants nothing to do with us, anyway.”TR intelligently reminds us of Soren's faith, at the same time helping us sympathize with his kink. If I didn't already adore Soren, my heart would be gushing for him now. I like to tell myself that TR loves Soren as much as I do, and this fondness will compel her to end this series with a Soren-Nora HEA. But the ending of this novel...ugh!!! Cliff-hanger-city, baby, and it's very distressing. Well done, TR.