PamGodwin

PamGodwin

All In (The Blackstone Affair, #2) - Raine Miller RM's quality writing continues in this second novella in The Blackstone Affair series. The plot is thick enough to merit full novels, so I won't refrain from whining about the shortness of these books. Whaaaa! One of the ingenious aspects in this installment was how deep RM shoves us into Ethan's viewpoint, drawing us so close to him it's blinding to see the beautiful heroine through his obsessed, adoring eyes. The entire book is in his POV, which presents us with insight into his caveman-like flaws, at the same time exposing the purity of his love for Brynne. On the outside, Ethan defaults to his British mores, making his exasperation over his American girl all the more endearing. His inward thoughts are brilliantly realistic, often selfish, usually carnal, but beneath his surface musings, you can feel the depth of devotion. I fell hard for Ethan in this book. While the plot didn't progress much, I was so captivated with him, I didn't care. Obviously, RM's POV choice won this reader. I look forward to the finale.