PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Nobody's Perfect - Kallypso Masters I will not say I enjoyed this book. I liked that Damian and Savi find each other lost and tormented, a commonality with the H/h's in three preceding books in the Rescue Me series. However, unlike the other stories, their intimacy was infrequent and overshadowed with horror. So, if you're looking for a pleasure read comparable to KM's other books, this isn't it. There was just too much damage to navigate. It's unbearable to imagine how anyone comes back from the childhood Savi endured, which gives credibility to the interminable, excruciating scenes that consume this book. But the story had to be told this way, page after page darkened with the depravity that oppressed this very strong heroine. So, while there was nothing sexy about reading her brutal journey, I was overwhelmed with admiration. For Savi's perseverance. And for KM's ability to invent a woman courageous enough to mentally and physically escape the hell that was dealt her. Thank Christ for the happy ending, despite having to swallow it around the mass of misery in my throat.