PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Consequences (Consequences, #1) - Aleatha Romig If you want a story that will stick with you for a long time, read this book. If you liked Barbara Elsborg's CHOSEN or Kitty Thomas' COMFORT FOOD, read this book. The writing isn't as polished as Elsborg or Thomas (this is a mess of POV head-hopping and summarizing/telling), but the plot is unexpectedly complicated and psychologically brutal. Even as you guess the puzzle before the pieces are connected, the ending will still blow your mind, and quite possibly your stomach. There's no happy in this ever after. The closest thing to happiness is knowing that in the wake of this devastating story, one very strong woman stands with a smile on her face and a promise of retaliation (Book 2 in the Consequences series is coming Nov 2012). Which brings me to the villain. Let's just say I'm glad he's a fictional character. I'm so emotionally invested in this story, if he were real, I would hunt him down and remove his appendages one consequence at a time. I pray to hell the sequel is bloody, because after this excruciating and emotionally-draining read, I am very very thirsty.