PamGodwin

PamGodwin

The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) - Samantha Towle I finished this book with mixed feelings. I read it with a roiling stomach, hunched over the pages, unable to put it down. Usually, a book that can stir my emotions and keep me engaged in that way is an unquestionable five-star-read-it-again book. Unfortunately, I couldn't ignore the profusion of summarizing, telling, grammatical errors...the overall verbosity of the narration. The story would've been told better in half the words. Then there's the cheating heroine, Trudy. When the tables turned on her, my sympathy was nonexistent. Karmic justice. I suspect my review is just as confused as Trudy's dizzy stream-of-consciousness throughout the entire book (I hate him. Don't I? Crap. I don't know.) Because of her cheating, her inability to choose one man, part of me didn't want her to work things out with Jake. I thought he'd be better off without her. In the abrupt, anti-climatic ending, I wasn't sure if I was happy for them or not. Still, as I think back to the obsessive nature in which I consumed this story, I recognize it as an unforgettable one and I'm glad I read it. Therefore, the sequel will be an auto-buy with hope to be sucked in the same way (fingers crossed that it will have less summarizing and errors).