PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain, #3) - Kristen Ashley This is book #3 in the Colorado Mountain series and my least favorite of the fifteen KA novels I've read. To be honest, I had to force myself to finish the last half while skimming page after page of descriptions. Every piece of furniture. Every article of clothing. Every ingredient of every meal. This might be acceptable while in the head of a materialistic, food-obsessed POV, but when a rough-all-over ex-con is detailing his girl's strappy high-heels in his inward monologue (as in thinking about the strap design like a girl would), it doesn't work. It's unrealistic and...well, boring. I never warmed up to Ty. Could've been his inarticulate pronoun-and-verb-lacking grunting. Could've been his referring to his girl as his pussy and bitch. A couple times, I wouldn't have noticed. But the frequency made me cringe. Nevertheless, the book wasn't so awful to turn me away from the series. I'll come back for the next book because eventually I'll remember that I have loved all of KA's other alpha males.