PamGodwin

PamGodwin

If I Were You (Inside Out Trilogy, #1) - Lisa Renee Jones Around 70% through this book, I realized it was going to end on a cliffhanger. There were too many mysteries still developing and none of them were ready to unveil. That knowledge, in addition to the fact this is Part 1 of a trilogy, did not prepare me for the ending. Dammit to hell, the ending sucked. I want to trust this author, but too often these suspenseful buildups, and the months of waiting between books, fall frustratingly short. Please don't disappoint us, Ms. Jones. The characters are compelling, somewhat eerie in a kind of community of demanding men weighted down with dark secrets and personal agendas. I don't trust any of them, and throwing a naive Sara into that lion's den is a blunder of character-weakening proportions. Sara says she won't run. She verbally challenges Chris at every opportunity. But the first test of her bark--the video at the club--and she tails it. Grrrr. Her job, the one she stumbled upon, the one that doesn't pay the bills, is put above everything. If she doesn't find some merit by book 2, I won't be able to finish this trilogy. If Chris is genuine--verdict pending--then Sara doesn't deserve him. Honestly, I don't know what he sees in her. She's got a lot of work to do to win my sympathy, but I'll keep reading, hoping I misjudged her.