PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2) - C.J. Roberts Ahhhh! The wait is over, and it was so very worth it. This is Book 2 of the Dark Duet and I cannot properly express my fulfillment in conclusion of this horrifying story of human trafficking. But I'll try. In the first book, Roberts shoves us stomach first into the cruel world of slavery, living the nightmare through the eyes and skin of the young and terrified captive, Livvie. It halts on a cliffhanger, a merciless torment of waiting. Often this pent up anticipation ends in disappointment, but this book exceeded all expectations. As the captor, Caleb, continues his emotional brutality, I wanted to curl up and die right along with Livvie. I was so angry, so distraught, it was as if the writer had punched her fist in my chest and yanked the ugliest, most hateful bits of my soul. Through most of the story, I wanted to break things, I wanted to throw my Kindle, yet my white-knuckled grip wouldn't let go. Then the twist, perfectly timed and ingeniously plotted, exposed Caleb in a gut-wrenching standpoint. One reviewer proclaimed this the best of its genre. I wholeheartedly agree. There are few books that could touch the anguish and passion found in this one. Bravo, CJ Roberts.