PamGodwin

PamGodwin

The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) - Kristen Ashley In this first book in the Colorado Mountain series, I loved how the heroine braided her little bit of England into this small town of animated personalities. Her love interest, Max, aced the engraved-in-my-brain KA definition of domineering, desirable hero. There's the usual murdering, thuds, and procession of spiteful ex-lovers, but the American British beauty's charm--and even her high-maintenance demeanor--makes this story more memorable than the dozen other KA books I've read. All KA's novels are wonderful if you can get past the herky-jerky narration/dialogue repetitions (Sorry? Umm...they're wonderful, but-- Sorry? They're what? I said, they're wonderful.) You see what I'm getting at. Anyway, where she lacks in elegant, economized writing, she makes up for in sensual relationship development, complex family dynamics, and the conception of friends that is so real, I'm tempted to prowl the biker bars in search of the lively posse the next time I'm near Denver.