PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Taken by a Vampire - Joey W. Hill Unholy fangs and other bluidy guid thangs! This MM/MFM/MMF/MF is the ninth book in the Vampire Queen series, and the 22nd book I've read by this author. While I've never rated a JH book less than 5 stars, it's easy for me to say this is THE BEST book I've read by her.More than any other Vampire Queen book, this one dissects the rules and servitude of this vampire world while taking huge breaths to inspire with the most unorthodox and compelling love story in this series. It convinces through the heartwarming interactions of a three-hundred year friendship (Jewish Vamp Evan and his Scottish servant Niall) and an overly-disciplined girl who just wants to love and be loved (InhServ Alanna). Your face will hurt from smiling. The backs of your eyes will burn with anxious emotion. You'll never want this to end. What the dymanic between the three MC's does is shove you heart first into their teetering--yet simplistic--lives and tangle you so thoroughly, you'll feel you might just die with them. And death is an ever-present threat for this trio, lying in wait, too often kicking your pulse to dangerous levels.When the sun goes down, JH forces you to look, without ever averting your eyes, at the most perverted of the perverted. You'll find some of the usual kink in this tale, but there's no traumatizing dinner parties. No slurp-slurp-pass-around-the-servant. The sexual audacity is really quite tame...relatively speaking. I would've expected to miss it, but I enjoyed the experience of JH's incredible talent without the shock value. And more importantly, had Evan and Niall embraced the taboo activities commonly found in this series, it would have belied the attitude and orientation of their characters and their story, as they are anomalies in this vampire world. This may be why I found it so easy to relate to and love them.If you're following this series, you definitely don't want to miss this installment.