PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Forbidden - Tabitha Suzuma Out of the millions and millions of people that inhabit this planet, he is one of the tiny few I can never have. And this is something I must accept—even if, like acid on metal, it is slowly corroding me inside.This is a story about survival, coming-of-age, family hardship, and love at its most open-minded, basic, primitive core.“We can love each other.” I swallow hard to ease the constriction in my throat. “There are no laws, no boundaries, on feelings. We can love each other as much and as deeply as we want. No one, Maya, no one can ever take that away from us.”The plot takes you through the day-to-day conditions of this family's severe neglect, poverty, and suffering. The youngest three children are raised magnanimously and without complaint by the oldest two. Lochan (17yrs) and Maya (16yrs) step in as the parents and you'll see them as such, which makes their intimacy with one another more natural and easier to swallow.The writing is impeccable, and the execution of this taboo and heart-wrenching tale unfolds with grace and courage. The content is not enjoyable and the ending will rip through your heart like a jagged beer bottle, but you'll treasure the bond between these five kids and carry that with you long after you've finished.Note: The main characters are YA, but the content may not be suitable for under 18. There is one sex scene and a few sexual situations, including consensual incest.