PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Wallbanger

Wallbanger - Alice Clayton I really didn't get this story, but forced myself to finish it. And while I never review books I don't like, I'm compelled to review this one.What's the crucial conflict/mission?Caroline can't have an orgasm.Why not?Her ex-boyfriend stole it by being lame in bed. "In. And out. In. And out." (I could never ever ever wrap my mind around this.)What are her choices?A) Buy a goddamn toy and take care of it herself (this is what I'm screaming the entire time)B) Bitch and whine about it while refusing to date...at the same time, waiting for her manwhore neighbor, Simon, to come along and take care of her orgasm deficiency (Of course, this is the choice she passively pursues. Gah!)So if Simon and Caroline don't hook up until the very end of the book, who is doing all the wallbanging?Simon and his harem of women. It's really quite pathetic--and far from arousing--reading about Caroline listening to her future love interest plow his parade of women into the wall dividing their apartments.The one-liners are forced and corny. The personified body parts (her brain, heart, nerves, hoohah) were even more annoying than FSoG's Ana with her tap-dancing inner conscious. And even as it feels like a rip off of [b:Perfection|12351649|Perfection (A Neighbor from Hell, #2)|R.L. Mathewson|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1325195323s/12351649.jpg|17912072], the writing is seasoned. Ms Clayton could do so much better.