PamGodwin

PamGodwin

The Education of Sebastian (The Education of..., #1)

The Education of Sebastian (The Education of..., #1) - Jane Harvey-Berrick **This is a review of books 1-2 since I read them together.**The connection between the H/h is big...intrinsic, as in, the compulsion that pulls them together is the essence of the plot. You want so badly for them to stay together, even as you feel the looming heartbreak like a violent storm on the horizon.There wasn't a single moment during these books that I questioned the age gap. This sentimental love story breaks down your resistance, forcing you to enjoy the ride, one chewed fingernail at a time. Book 1 is a hint more sappy than book 2. Sebastian is a naive boy in the first book, with a libido that burns up the pages. But the sex scenes are endearing and sensually written. In book 2, he is ten years older, harder, broken, and achingly bitter. These character attributes make for a potently rich conclusion that is both heartrendingly beautiful and thoughtfully executed. For these reasons, I prefer the sequel to book 1.I highly recommend this potently-written, emotionally-heavy storyline. It shows that extraordinary love is shaped on hardships, time, courage, and selflessness. When the tribulations are suffered and paid, only then does it deliver happiness, the kind of real satisfaction you'll find at the conclusion of this story.