PamGodwin

PamGodwin

Lick (Stage Dive, #1)

Lick - Kylie Scott As a rock star romance, it's sexy, well-written, and light-hearted. Bottom line, it effing rocks. There is nothing overly long or ho-hum here. Characterization, plot, and speculations on love are ferociously executed in a lean and speedy-like manner as if its primary goal is to entertain and get the reader to the end before the story gets old. The story never gets old. I never wanted it to end.In reading this page-turner, it was hard for me to remember I actually had a life outside the book. It begins with a bang--or maybe it was a belch--and ends with a sigh. It can be argued that fictional rock stars are infected with Manwhoreitus, but David is a sexed-up, perfectly-framed, sleek, epic portrait of a rock star. And to make him even more winsome, from page one, he never strays from the target of his affection.He hits the right balance of notes in his actions and reactions to Evelyn. His hurt is palpable and his determination reaches a depth and complexity that chases your heart to your throat. And he looks damn good doing it.The sex scenes are of perfect frequency, length, and quality, and the colorful supportive cast wraps an added layer of charm around the story. The entire package manages to be something fun, sensual, memorable, and something else that is rare amidst the erotica genre: inspiring.